Web Development | 01-01-2022 | Prashant Pujara
In the developing world, programming and technology are a must. The development of new web applications and programming languages is the demand of present times. Various programming languages have taken over the cyber market. But the question is which programming language is best. What you need is a programming language that is easy to learn and use with fruitful results. So, here is a comparison between the two leading software programming languages Python and Golang.
The language of computers is known as a programming language, and web developers and programmers mainly use it to communicate with the computer. In simple terms, it is a set of commands given to a computer written in languages like Python, Golang, etc., to perform a specific task.
Guido van Rossum in 1991, designed the Python programming language. Python software foundation developed this language. This language has been in use since1991, but its use has increased over the past few years. The reason behind this is python is a simple to learn and easy-to-use language. Moreover, the Python language has a simple syntax. Python, in general, is used for backend programming, and it is based on object-oriented programming.
- Python, being object-oriented programming, has class and objects.
- It is good for data analysis and computing.
- It has consistency, and the human mind can easily understand it.
- It has extensive support libraries like Keras, SciPy, Pandas, etc.
- It is a well-established community and free to use.
- It has a relatively slow speed because it is an interrupted language.
- One cannot use Python for mobile computing.
- Python is inconvenient for developing applications for large enterprises.
Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson are the developers of the Golang language. They developed it in 2007. This language was developed at Google but came into existence in 2009 as an open-source programming language. QSS Technosoft is one of the leading Golang web development company. Golang is based on concurrent programming, and it supports interfaces.
- Golang is good for system programming.
- All dependency modules and libraries are compiled in single binary files.
- It works faster.
- There is a wide range of Golang development services like consultancy and strategy, web app and cloud app development, etc.
- It has strong native support for different machine learning tools.
- It comes with IDE and amazing debugging tools.
- It does not support virtual machine code.
- It is not generic.
In the long term, it is seen that both Golang and Python have their benefits and disadvantages. While Python is a well-established language, Golang is still a new one in a programming language. People who use Python find it simple, but they find it better once they switch to Golang. Golang has better security build-up and is under the name of Google, which means it is not going to exit the programming language market soon.
People new in the programming world prefer Python, and those who work more in web programming choose Golang. Overall, which one to choose is entirely based on an individual's needs and knowledge in the programming language.